This year I decided to make a new dress for the holidays. It is quite modern, but inspired by the wide skirts and tiny waists of the 1950s. Therefore, I started the project by making a petticoat with tulle. Then I used my typical basic pattern from „Creating historical Clothes“ for the upper part of the dress. It has a total of four darts and is quite simple with wide straps and a round neckline. To get more strength, I used black cotton for the lining. The dress itself is made of a Polyester-Viscose-mixture. I did only use 1,4×1,5m, which is about 1,6 yards. In addition, I paid a lot of attention to the Tartan design when making the box pleats. The dress is closed with a zipper, which is much more easier than period closures. On cold days, I wear a woolen cardigan made by myself.

Merken

Merken

Leave a Reply

Deine Email-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht.