In comparison to Kassandra’s main outfit and a lot of the looks available, the Master’s Artemis set is rather complicated and involves a lot of materials, such as (fake) leather, linen and cotton fabric, various paints and dyes as well as smaller amounts of foam. However, it is very comfortable to wear.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Materialien-1024x768.jpg

Although the cut of the layers is very simple, nearly every single one had to be painted, for example the half-sided tunic.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Tunika-Karos-1024x768.jpg

Other patterns were painted on using a brush and acrylic paint. It should not look too perfect, but rather worn and old.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Goldene-Bemalung-1024x768.jpg

You can spot the moon phases on Kassandra’s hood.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Kapuze-Bemalung-1024x768.jpg

The red pattern on the yellow belt looks very orange on this photo.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Schurz-fertig-1024x768.jpg

I had to cut my design into pieces during the process.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Schurz-making-of-768x1024.jpg

In contrast to this, the pieces meant for arm and legs were not painted. They can be opened partially with a zipper.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Stulpen-1024x768.jpg

Since I did not want to buy a whole yard of fabric for a small strip of fabric on the skirt, I simply dyed white linen in a cup of tea.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Tee-färben-1024x768.jpg

Another trick for saving money and time was this little attachment for my sewing machine.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Rollsaum-768x1024.jpg

For a used look, I had to damage the edges.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Ausbürsten-1024x768.jpg

This happened to the shoulder part as well.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Basis-Schultergurt-1024x768.jpg

For a sturdy look, it was partially lined with Worbla.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Schulterstück-innen-768x1024.jpg

The painting was meant to be a little 3D.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Schulterstück-außen-1024x768.jpg

I could not find any tassels and decided to create them myself.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Zotteln-1024x768.jpg

Another way to save some money was the creation of the long beads out of leftover Worbla.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Armband-making-of-1024x768.jpg

You can form it easily with some heat and paint it afterwards.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Worbla-Perlen-768x1024.jpg

Another basic material for making cosplays is foam. You can cut it easily. After some priming, the surface can be painted. By the way, I added the small details by using the 3D pen mentioned above.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Foam-Schultergurt-768x1024.jpg

Cosplays do not need to be historically accurate, so you can use all sorts of closures, like hooks and eyes…

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Stoffgürtel-Verschluss-768x1024.jpg

…or velcro tape that is hidden afterwards.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Tunika-Kante-768x1024.jpg

A giant hook gives a look of strength to the belt…

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Gürtel-Verschluss-innen-1024x768.jpg

…while an additional pieces hides both the hook and the velcro tape on the outside.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Gürtel-Verschluss-außen-1024x768.jpg

In contrast to this rather modern solution, the leg parts are simply laced with leather.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Beinschoner-Leder-1024x768.jpg

The three pieces of the left bracer are sewn to each other.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Linker-arm-Basis-1024x768.jpg

I didn’t have to create a lot of accessoiries for the cosplay, so i focused on the spear.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Speer-Schablone-1024x768.jpg

To be allowed for indoor conventions, the blade had to be made out of foam. However, the rest of the prop could have a wooden base covered with Worbla.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Speer-unbemalt-1024x768.jpg

I used some woodglue and another primer called gummidip as a base layer before painting it with Vallejo colors.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Speer-fertig-1024x379.jpg

I guess the decorative element on the belt was the most problematic part. To be honest, there was no chance to make something similar to the ingame design, but I tried my best.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Strohteil-Heißkleber-1024x768.jpg

Afterwards I added a small piece to hide the glue.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Strohteil-fertig-1024x768.jpg

Other decorative elements to be mentioned are the belts extensions made of wooden beads and feathers.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Gürtel-Federn-1024x768.jpg

Some other details can be seen on this photo:

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist Schurz-Teile-1024x768.jpg

You can get back to the making-of main page by clicking here.

The finished costume is shown here.  

Leave a Reply

Deine Email-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht.