I decided to create a more simple dress to go with my Victoria ballgown, that is mainly based on this extant garment.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Schal-hp-768x1024.jpg

The outfit is made from cotton and lined with linen. Everything was handsewn by me with linen thread, as well as the small button holes for lacing it in the back.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Schaukel-1-hoch-gimp-hp-768x1024.jpg

As always, I designed the pattern on base of my standard one. However, the sleeves were quite extraordinary, so that I wrote down the process on a separate page.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Weinberg-1-hp-1024x683.jpg

Another signature look of 1840s fashion is achieved by the low neckline. In contrast to most of my garments, the bodice and skirt are not separated pieces, which limits the possibilities of wearing it a little bit.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Weinberg-2-hp-1024x819.jpg

All in all, the project was meant to be low-budget, which means that I could not create underwear especially for one look. Therefore, I use a chemise and petticoats from my stash and decided to go with a 1870s corset, that resembles some of the characteristics.      

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Weinberg-hinten-hp-1024x576.jpg

And the full-scale photo from the cover.

Dieses Bild hat ein leeres Alt-Attribut. Der Dateiname ist 1840-Karo-Cover-hp-1024x576.jpg

Thanks to my photographer Franke777 and Nils for assistance.