Although I did this by machine quite in the beginning of my Rococo sewing adventures, I did not had a chance to wear it until today. Since the jacket is made of 100% wool, it is too warm for the costume trips taking place in summer.
I made the jacket after an original shown in „Patterns of Fashion 1“ on page 24 and altered the pattern to fit my size. There is some Information in „Costume in Detail“, too. However, the fabric turned out to be very stretchy, so I had to shorten it later. Somehow, it is still a little to wide and long today, so I may have to do this a second time. The jacket is dated to somewhat between 1720 and 1750, which is some decades earlier than my normal Rococo clothing.
I made my version in black, lined with black cotton and velvet cuffs. The Jacket is closed with hooks and eyes. Therefore, the buttons are only a sort of decoration. On the photos, I wear it with my chemise, stays, a bumroll for shape, hanging pockets, a petticoat, a piece of fabric around my neck and a linen skirt normally used for my Outlander outfits. I had to bring the hat in shape, too. I wrote some instructions in German, which you can read here. Thanks to Patty Coat for taking the photos.